Curriculum Vitae (2019)
Alessandro Falco, 1986, Italy, is a documentary photographer whose research focuses primarily on the evolution of modern societies through the documentation of youth cultures.
He started with fine-art photography in 2012, shortly after being graduated as Tropical Fish Pathologist.
Since 2014, Falco is mentored by the acclaimed war photographer Fabio Bucciarelli, starting a documentation of humanitarian crisis in Brazil, Venezuela, Greece and Central Europe.
His reportages have been published by international media including CNN, National Geographic Italy, GQ, Al Jazeera, Newsweek JP, Bloomberg, Vice News, Liberation, De Correspondent, Il Reportage, La Stampa, Gazzetta dello Sport, Sport Week among others.
His photographs have been exhibited in galleries and contemporary museums in US, Italy, France, UK, Holland, Croatia, Turkey, Brazil, Colombia, China.
In 2016, his documentation of a severe drought in Brazilian North-East was exhibited by United Nations at the 1st World Humanitarian Summit, in Istanbul.
In 2018 he moved to Brazilian Amazon, starting a personal documentation of social and environmental issues affecting Amazon Rainforest.
Falco is actually based in Belem do Pará, Brazilian Amazon.
Education / Training :
Eddie Adams Workshop, 2015
The Eddie Adams is an intense four-day gathering of 100 young professionals in Photojournalism in NY.
Photojournalism Mentoring by Fabio Bucciarelli, 2014 to present
I’m mentored by world acclaimed war photographer Fabio Bucciarelli, learning from how to work on the field to the production of his latest book (TIME’s top 10 books of 2017) and exhibitions.
Young Photographer’s Alliance, 2012,
A three months Mentoring Programme for young photojournalists in London.
Photoshop CS5 workshop, 2011
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Workshop at CFP Bauer, Milan (Italy)
Bachelor of Aquaculture and Ichtyopathology, 2009/2011
University of Medicine Veterinary, Bologna (Italy)
Italian, Mothertongue, English- Intermediate, Portuguese – Intermediate, Spanish - Beginner
• “The avalanche that ate an Italian Hotel”, GQ USA & Germany, 2017
• “Cocullo, nel regno dei serpenti” article + report for Nat Geo Italy, 2017
• “Hunger in Venezuela” reportage for Newsweek Japan, 2017
• “The face of hunger in Venezuela” interview + photos for CNN, 2016
• “Hunger in Venezuela” article + reportage for Al Jazeera, 2016
• “Hunger in Venezuela” field notes + photos for Il Reportage 29, 2016
• “Drought in Brazil’s Sertão Region” reportage for Vice News, 2015
• “Riot de Janeiro” for Sport Week Italia, 2014
Awards / Recognitions :
• Nominated for Joop Swart Masterclass 2015, 2016
• Selected for the Eddie Adams Workshop, 2015
• Jessica Lum Photojournalism Award 2013, 2014
• Top Under 30's International Emerging Photographer of 2013, ZOOM Mag.
• Acquisition of a print by Biblioteque Nationale de France, 2012
• Finalist of the International Fine Art Photography Awards, 2012
• Winner of Renaissance Photography Prize 2012
• Winner of the 56th Contemporary Art Prize B.Cascella 2012
• Shortlisted at the Sony World Photography Awards 2012
Selected exhibitions :
• Hunger in Venezuela, Kings College, London, 2017
• Drought in Sertao, U.N 1st World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, 2016
• Youth in Migration, Museum of Humanity , Netherlands, 2016
• Riot de Janeiro, MAR Rio de Janeiro Art Museum, 2014
• A different child, Aurum Contemporary Art Museum, Italy, 2014
• UPI Gallery, NY, 2013
• Calumet Gallery, NY, 2013
• Margaret St Gallery, London, 2013
• Lushui Photography museum, China 2013
• Solo exhibition, Appartamento Lago, Italy, 2013
• Nofound Photo Fair, Paris, 2012
• Renaissance Prize, Mall Galleries, London, 2012
• Loretoview, Italy, 2012
• Sony World Photography Award, Somerset House, London, 2012
Mobile: +5591992703356 (Brazil)